Monday, February 5, 2007

Goodbye NY, Hello Dublin?

In about an hour, i will be leaving fair Brooklyn for the friendly confines of the Newark International Airport. Some refer to this place as hell, some call it the shittiest airport in the world. I'm partial to the latter moniker. It's not that i dislike the airport itself, it's just the fact that getting there from Brooklyn requires a trip across a bridge, through the hustle bustle and traffic of chinatown, into the holland tunnel, and then finally onto whatever sleezy gel-slicked hairdo of a highway gets me to the check-in counter. It's colder than penguin balls outside, so of course i'll be bringing my huge polar bear coat and my scarf and all of that jazz. I hear this is supposed to be the colest February in 30 years! I'm not sure what the weather will be like in Dublin, our first stop on the tour, but i'm hoping that i'll be able to pull the old "WHEN IN ROME...." and get too drunk to correctly register temperature. My flight out of Newark leaves at 8:10pm, and lands at about 7:30am, giving me an entire day to explore the home and birthplace of both Guinness and Lucky Charms. My bags are packed, and I am ready. On a bit of a sad note, Brian Wolfe, our faitful drummer, will be tagging along in a couple days because of a death in his family. This means that I will be on the bench for the first two shows of the tour, watching my fearless leader and captain of the My Brightest Diamond crew perform the set solo. Anyways, i figured i would make this the official prelude blog to the My Brightest Diamond euorpean excursion. I will do my best to keep a daily thing going for all of those interested in the tour and in My Brightest Diamond. Tomorrow, i will tell stories of Dublin Ireland and hopefully find a pot of gold somewhere....or at least a bottle of bushmills.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

goodbye nathan. may the sun be warm upon your back, and the wind soft upon your cheek. your butt cheek.