Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Portugal. Back in the Saddle.

So, Portugal. Nice to meet you. Heard a lot about your beaches, handsome women, funny accents, and international soccer standouts.

The trip out wasn't quite as easy as Bdub and i had hoped it would be, what with the bus accident in the holland tunnel and the generally incompetent Newark airport staff on hand to make things interesting. Jersey obstacles aside, we finally made it onto the plane and settled in for our 6 hour hop across the pond. Even though it's been over a year since my last tour of duty with MBD, the whole process feels familiar at this point. I couldn't be happier.

A lot has happened in the past year for me. I got married, I turned the corner on my mid-twenties, I taught myself how to cook, and my Mom says I've "really grown up". I don't know about that last one, but the other elements are rather exciting. Especially marriage. Also, the cooking. The mid-twenties thing feels a little more uncomfortable in a vaguely existential way. Questions like "how do i make money?" and "why is beer so expensive?" and "who is Myley Cyrus?" and "do I look fat in this spandex workout suit?" abound (oops). But even more exciting and titillating are the prospects of my bands back in the NYC, ArpLine and Inlets. We will be releasing albums in the front half of 2010 - or as i like to call it OH TEN!!!! - and most likely logging some serious hours on the proverbial road. Needless to say, I will do my best do document anything and everything worth a glance.

Until then, our stops will be 2 more in Portugal, Italy, and finally in Athens. Should be a grand old time.

No comments: